Warning signs of physical violence:
* Have frequent injuries
* Frequently miss work
* Wear clothing designed to hide bruises
Warning Signs of isolation:
* Being restricted from seeing family and friends
* Rarely go out in public without partner
Warning signs of Psychological abuse:
* Low self-esteem
* Outgoing person becomes withdrawn
* Going along with everything the partner says and does
* Required to check in with partner to report where they are
* Partner is compulsively jealous
Victims / Survivors do not cause their assaults and are not to blame. Offenders are responsible for their behavior.
CRA provides services to all people who are in need, regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, gender, race, religion, age or sexual orientation.
All services are free and confidential.
*Child sexual assault
*Date and acquaintance rape
*Marital or partner rape
*Unwanted sexual contact
If you have been assaulted:
Go to safe place
Do NOT shower or bathe
Contact CRA, your local Sexual assault crisis center and/ or law enforcement
Seek medical attention
Pressing charges may help you feel empowered.
Some facts about abuse later in life
* Two-thirds of elder abuse and neglect victims are women
* The median age of elder victims is 78 years
* One third of all elder victims are abused by their children
Neglect is the most common form of elder abuse in domestic settings accounting for over 50% of all reported incidents