Temporary Restraining Orders:
- CRA Advocates are able to explore safety issues with you and whether or not a restraining order is an option for you. They will explain the restraining order court process, assist you with the petition paperwork and filing at the Clerk of Court offices. They may also be able to attend the court hearing with you.
Family Court (Divorce/Custody):
- For victims, stress can be overwhelming. Our Advocates can help you fill out and file divorce paperwork, attend court hearings for divorce or child custody cases. In some cases they can provide referrals as well.
Courtroom ( Civil/Criminal ):
- Our Outreach Advocates can help you navigate through the justice system, whether it is a civil or criminal case. As a victim, you have the right to have an Advocate with you during the following; a law enforcement interview, a meeting with the District Attorney and in the court room during hearings.
Judicare Application Assistance:
- Judicare covers a wide variety of legal information, counsel/advice.. If you are eligible, you will be able to schedule an appointment to speak with an attorney. Our Advocates can help you with this process.
Domestic Violence Education (DVED):
- This class is required in order for the Court to consider to modify a no contact order. This class welcomes other agency referrals and self-referrals. There is no charge for this class, however, you must call CRA to schedule this class with an advocate.
Crime Victim Compensation Program Application:
- Our Advocates can walk you through the process of eligibility and the application process for the Crime Victim Compensation Program.
No Legal Advice Intended
The contents of this website are intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. The contents of this website, and the posting and viewing of the information on this website, should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. No action should be taken in reliance on the information contained on this website and we disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.
An attorney should be contacted for advice on specific legal issues.
CRA provides services to all people who are in need, regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, gender, race, religion, age or sexual orientation.
All services are free and confidential.