Community Referral Agency offers a safe and secure temporary 24/7 shelter. Advocates are on staff to support and empower you by putting you in the right hands to assist with legal, medical, human services or other agencies. Advocates can also assist with court hearings, forensic exams, restraining orders and safe exchange with your children.
CRA offers in house weekly support groups, parenting groups and family unity nights in a safe environment.
If you are in an abusive relationship and are thinking about leaving:
- Contact CRA to help with creating a safety plan.
- Keep money, valuables, important papers and medication where you can get them quickly.
- Identification, birth certificates, work permits, green card/visa/passport
- Have a bag ready with clothes and other essential items for you and your children.
- Develop a code word to use with family, friends or neighbors when you need help.
- If an argument is not avoidable, try to position yourself in a place that has an exit, not in a bathroom, kitchen or where any weapon can be found.
Remember that leaving your abuser can be a dangerous time.
Call 911 if immediate intervention is needed.
CRA provides services to all people who are in need, regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, gender, race, religion, age or sexual orientation.
All services are free and confidential.